St.Mary’s Chapel situated in the premises of Bethany Asramam, Kuzhimattom was started in the year 1951 with the benevolent support of Mulakkanchira Kuttanchettan.
Mr.Kuttanchettan belonging to other Congregation had a difference of opinion among their church leaders and approached Rev.Fr.C.V. George of Indian Orthododx community for spiritual support. Rev.Fr. C.V. George and Mr. Kuttanchettan joined hands to construct in his inherited property located at Kuzhimattom, Kottayam. Aboe Yohannon (superior of Bethany Asram) Fr.Geevarghese from Tiruvalla and Rev. Fr. C.V. George mutually lead Holy Eucharist and other ceremonial prayers in the initial stages. After the inception of Asramam, spiritual activities were managed jointly by asramites and mulackanchira family .